Sunday, October 04, 2009

Jack gets some toys





The time sure does get away from me some times, never intended to go this long without a post.

but anyway...

I am building a Jack in the box puppet for a short animation bit I have planned.

Part of the set will be some kids style wooden blocks.

I have been messing around with a laser cutter we have at work and found it does a pretty nice job of engraving wood as well as just cutting parts. I really like the raised letter form of old kids blocks and it seemed a perfect match.

I am using some baltic birch plywood and cutting it up, putting a bevel on the edges and glueing it up to make little blocks.

Then its off the the laser for some engraving, light sanding and painting.

Here are some progress shots along with a sample side panel that will be used for the bigger jack in the box.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger UbaTuber said...

Sweet!! Nice job, can't wait to see more :)

It was great meeting you today! I'll post the photo from my camera soon.

Saturday, October 10, 2009 5:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home